Transition to School Program
Progressive Connections will help prepare you and your child for school through an individualised program, ensuring you have a positive start to school.
The key objectives are to:
- To plan and promote successful transitions for children and parents
- To ensure that families are provided with the necessary information, support and opportunities to participate as partners in planning their child’s transition and educational future
- To promote collaboration and communication among all key people in the transition process
- To provide schools with adequate opportunity to plan for the provision of appropriate services
- To ensure learning experiences and programs meet best the child’s learning needs, including social-emotional supports.
Key areas of focus:
- Turn-taking and waiting
- Following adult directions
- Fine motor skills (writing, scissor skills, drawing skills)
- Attention and Concentration
- Team activities – working together
- Transitioning – floor to desk, break to working and between activities
- Recognising and expressing feelings and needs
- Introducing “school skills’ including raising your hand, eating with others at specified times
- Individual goals across ECE & ECDP
Please talk to your Key Worker for further information.
Parent Training Programs
Hanen® – Coaching parents Hanen Strategies:
- SPARK Communication™
- 4 I’s to Socialise™
- Stepping Stones, Specialised Behaviour Support Program
- Developing everyday engagement and independence in daily routines, self-care, and community activities (e.g. going shopping)
- Play Therapy
NDIS - Improved Daily Living
- Early Learning Centre Support
- Hanen Programs for Educators and Teachers (Learning Language and Loving it, Teacher Talk)
- School Support during transition
- Autism (SCERTS Framework) evidence-based, individualised, family centred, collaborative goal setting and planning
Please get in touch with Progressive Connections for further information.